Re: The future of Debian install??

On 05-Mar-2002 Michael Marziani wrote:
> I've installed debian quite a few times and it's not a big deal, but
> every once in a while I wish it would just auto-detect my network card,
> graphics card, etc just to save me the trouble of looking them up.  Not
> to mention that xfree86setup is a pain.  Is auto-detecting a PS/2 mouse
> really that hard?  Anyway...  Just curious if anyone has the low down.
> Thanks!

While I was at VA one of the motherboards we tested would lock solid if the RH
ps/2 test was performed and no mouse was actually attached.  The problem with
PC hardware is usually it works, but there are just enough weird models out
there to break things that it makes it much more difficult than it should be.