Re: a grep question [and now an ftp perm ?]

justin cunningham wrote:
I've been reading a linux security book and I believe I recall it saying
I'd need to specify an 'unmask' (not sure the spelling here) and
subtract bits from 777 to lock down the user's access but that books at
home :(

There are many ways of doing things in Linux (as is in Unix). So, expect many answers; some would work, some wouldn't, and some would work but yet you don't like it. The nice thing is that once you get something that works (and you like it), you might go like "mmm... what a revelation."

Oki