Re: AVI/DivX -> MPEG1 converter?

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 06:12:16 -0300
Rogério Brito <rbrito@iname.com> wrote:

> 	Dear people,
>
> 	I have some AVI files that I need to transform into VCDs.
>
> 	I understand that there are already programs for Linux
> 	(vcdimager and cdrdao) that are able to create VCD images with
> 	advanced features once one has MPEG1 files in the correct
> 	format (resolution, frames per second and audio bitrate).
>
> 	But the problem I have is that all programs that I know of are
> 	only able to generate AVI streams, not MPEG1 streams. :-(

If you're trying to capture a clip, ffmpeg can do real-time mpeg
encoding *without* audio sync'ing (not a problem if the video is just a
minute or so long). OTOH, nvrec is supposed to remedy that problem.
Check out: http://www.ee.up.ac.za/~justin/v4l2/.

> 	So, is there any program that I may use under Linux that
> 	converts AVI/DivX files to MPEG streams?

Have your tried mjpegtools and ffmpeg (both sourceforge projects)?