Re: Disabling interactive init on Debian

Em Ter, 2002-03-05 às 11:57, will trillich escreveu:
> On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 09:40:48AM -0800, Xeno Campanoli wrote:
> > In the Trinity OS security recommenation they say to disable the ability
> > to run init interactively by setting
> >
> > prompt=no

This is the default in Debian (in lilo.conf) but it is not necessary,
even if the guy in front of the computer types the usual:
linux single
:he will not get root access to your computer without knowing the
passwd. (At least on testing with a 2.4.x kernel).

If he wants access, he can always boot on a floppy or CD and do whatever
he wants to.
You will have to disable (in the BIOS) floppy/CD booting AND put a BIOS
passwd or all this is for nothing.

Michel.