Re: users choose x-session-manager

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 12:44:26AM -0800, David Wright wrote:

> Now that KDE is working on sid again, I'd like to let my users choose
> between Gnome, KDE, and None. Is there some way to let users override
> /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager at the graphical login?

KDM lets the user choose among installed window managers and
session-managers (well, not xsm but kde2 and gnome-session). But
choosing a windowmanager here, bypasses the users .xsession. If you
just want your .xsession to be run at login, choose "default".

Don't know about other display managers.

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux emac140 2.4.17 #1 sön feb 10 20:21:22 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Hans Ekbrand