OT Re: 42 (was emacs21)

At 03:42 PM 3/4/02, Gary Turner wrote:
On Mon, 04 Mar 2002 11:22:23 +0000, Randy Orrison wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 03:03:22AM -0600, Gary Turner wrote:
>| >Oh, thanks, I didn't know about that list.  But your reference to "42"
>| >sailed right over my head...
>| "42" is the answer; the question is, "What is the meaning of life, the
>| universe, and everything?"  While not everyone has read "The Hitchhikers
>| Guide...," no-one who has will ever forget the answer.  Sorry about the
>| arcane reference ;-P
>
>No, no, no... 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the
>universe, and everything.  The problem is that nobody knows exactly
>what the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything _is_.
>
>"What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?" isn't the
>right question.

Ah, well.  As I said, the answer stays with you.  It is the subtlety of
the question that fades as the years pass ;-/ along with vision,
hearing, and hair color.

>There is a theory that if anyone figures out what the question is, the
>universe will be destroyed and replaced with something even more
>bizarre.  There's another theory that this has already happened.

Hmmm, maybe the biblical scholars should latch on to theorem ii. :-)

I thought that the book said the book said that the ultimate question
is, "what is 6 * 9?"

/me waits for the universe to reset...

Chris