Re: 42 (was emacs21)

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 03:03:22AM -0600, Gary Turner wrote:
| On Sun, 03 Mar 2002 20:31:55 -0800, Harry Putnam wrote:
| >Gary Turner <kk5st@swbell.net> writes:
| >> If you can't get an answer there, then the
| >> only answer is "42"
| >Oh, thanks, I didn't know about that list.  But your reference to "42"
| >sailed right over my head...
| "42" is the answer; the question is, "What is the meaning of life, the
| universe, and everything?"  While not everyone has read "The Hitchhikers
| Guide...," no-one who has will ever forget the answer.  Sorry about the
| arcane reference ;-P

No, no, no... 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the
universe, and everything.  The problem is that nobody knows exactly
what the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything _is_.

"What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?" isn't the
right question.

There is a theory that if anyone figures out what the question is, the
universe will be destroyed and replaced with something even more
bizarre.  There's another theory that this has already happened.

Randy