Re: YaOOQ (Yet another Open Office Question)

 --- John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> wrote: >
Brian Nelson wrote:

> > Try adding the sources.list line:
> >
> > deb http://people.debian.org/~nidd/debian/
> unstable/
> >
> > and then apt-get install openoffice.  That should
> work, if you're
> > running unstable anyway (and possibly woody, but
> probably not potato).
> -------------------------------------
> I currently have Open Office running well with full
> java 1.3 support on
> a woody system. It still runs like a bloated pig
> though. Does the .deb
> accelerate the performance beyond the regular
> binaries? Re: ver.638c I
> have been unable to get any of the 641 versions to
> run.
> --
> John Foster

In regards to 641 versions.  I initially had problems
but found it would run under Gnome but not under my
preferred Window Maker.  However after upgrading to
the latest version of Window Maker (I compiled it from
deb source packages to make sure Gnome support was
compiled in) it worked fine.  This is on a sort of
woody/sid hybrid system running kernel 2.4.17.

Cheers Geoff

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.