Re: graphical file managers (gmc vs. nautilus)

Sam, Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 02:13:47AM -0800:
> Hi,
> I saw the screenshot that you mentioned. It's really nice. Can you tell
> me how you get borderless windows in gnome? Also, which mail client do
> you use and how do you get those colors in vi/vim while writing mail?
> Also please point me to some website that has info on configuring Gnome
> with enlightenment, if you know of any.
> Thanx,
> Sam

Need enlightenment for borderless windows.
		Alt+RightClick > Set Border Style > Borderless
		Alt+RightClick > Remember

I use mutt for mail.  It sucks less ;)

For syntax highlighting in vim, edit /etc/vim/vimrc
   if has("syntax") && &t_Co > 2
	   syntax on
	 endif

In my .vimrc I add the lines
   hi comment ctermfg=lightblue
	 set pastetoggle=<f11>

Changing the comment color to lightblue is necessary if you use black
backgrounds in your terminals.

For configuring Gnome with enlightenment, just right-click on your
desktop and you will get a settings menu.  From there, all you need to
do is try everything.