Re: graphical file managers (gmc vs. nautilus)

Timothy R. Butler, Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 06:27:20PM -0600:
> > Thanks for the suggestion, though.  Maybe it's time to try KDE again.
>
>   You might find it worth while. Really, you could make it look virtually
> like unthemed Gnome using the QT-Motif widget style (or most other GTK-looks,
> KDE can even import some GTK themes), and since KDE has IceWM theme
> compatiblity plugin, you could use one of the E-like IceWM themes for your
> window decorations if you wished. Although IMO, KDE themed with Liquid (sorta
> like Aqua is nicer looking). You can see
> http://www.uninetsolutions.com/tbutler/linux/ss1.html for screenshots of both
> a Motif and Liquid-themed KDE.

I'm getting a 404 from your link.

Is there any way in KDE to do a borderless window?  The last time I
tried I couldn't figure out how to do it.  I like to put borderless
windows at a few points on my desktop (one tails syslog, one monitors
eth0, another eth1).  You can see an example at

http://ekilat.com/images/screenshots/20020303.png (310KB)

My family PC doesn't need functionality like this, but I prefer to
standardize my brain on one desktop.

Have you tried Konq with autofs?

Brought to you by Debian 3.0
Linux took 2.4.16 #1 SMP Sat Jan 5 12:52:24 EST 2002 i686 unknown