Re: How do I turn off the Virtual Desktop?

Peak Allan <apeak_2000@yahoo.com> writes:

> I want the whole screen visible on my monitor.
>
> Please cc me since I'm not currently subscribed to debian-user.

This won't be much help to you but I want just the reverse.  I'm used
to having  a huge virtual desktop (1600 1200) but being a newby to
debian I haven't figured out how to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to get
that result.  I know my monitor is capable of it since I've had it
working under redhat for a couple of years

I added something like this from a config on an old redhat install but
it refused to startx then.   I'm pretty busy configuring everthing so
I just went back to a config that works and haven't worked on it
since.  But I do want my big desktop back.

	Subsection "Display"
		Depth 16
		Virtual 1600 1200
		Modes "1152x864" "1280x1024" "1400x1050" "1600x1200" "1024x768"

Maybe you could use most of my config since it does not give the
virtual desktop.  Let me know if you want a copy.