Re: How do I turn off the Virtual Desktop?

Lo, on , March 4, O Polite did write:

> > a. keep hitting "alt +" until it is no longer virtual
> >

> I never got this trick to work. Is this behaviour  controlled from
> XF86Config-4? I can't see anything in there that indicates that. I'm
> using KDE. Might standard KDE key settings be hiding this behaviour?

The quoted text above is incorrect; try ctrl-alt-plus and
ctrl-alt-minus, and you have to use the plus and minus keys on the
numeric keypad.  The ones on the top row of the keyboard won't do
anything (well, they get passed on to whichever application has keyboard
focus; whatever happens then is up to the app).

Richard