Re: Traxdata CDRW241040 plus

High,

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Gerard Robin wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 11:38:12PM +0000, Gerard Robin wrote:
> >
> > P1:
> > I changed my files lilo.conf and fstab as recommended and I
> > installed the modules sg and ide-scsi, but I dont't know which driver
> > to choose with modconf in the part cdrom and when I launch xcdroast
> > everything is ok except CD-Writer-Device is absent.
>
> Sorry for this stupid post I forgot to run lilo.

The biggest problems can often be solved the easiest.

> I burned a CD-R correctly with xcdroast.
> I run potato 2.2r2 kernel 2.2.18pre21 and I didn't need to compile
> again my kernel.
>
> but I can't burn a CD-RW ?
> and now, cdcd don't work, play give me : No disc in drive.
> mount always complains :
> fs type udf not supported by kernel.
>
> I'll be grateful for your light of these 3 last points.

I think you are still trying to acces the ide drive. Now that you use
ide-scsi, the drive is not seen by the ide drivers anymore. So, if not
loaded already, you have to load the sr_mod.o module. Then your drive is
under /dev/scd0 or something. To make this your default, run as root:

cd /dev
ln -s scd0 cdrom

Then everything should work again.

Greetz,