Re: cdrecord + ide cdrw

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Hans Ekbrand wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 12:42:29PM +0100, Sebastiaan wrote:
> > You have to compile the ide-scsi emulation support in the kernel. So
> > basically, you recompile  your kernel with CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=y
> > (module does not work) and boot your kernel with parameter 'hdc=scsi',
> I use ide-scsi emulation as modules, and it works. What makes you
> think that it does not work?
Experience. The ide driver already took control over the drive. It should
be able to do it with modules, but you will have the ide stuff compiled as
module too:
options ide-cd ignore=hdc
pre-install sg modprobe ide-scsi

But, afaik the standard Debian kernel has ide-cd compiled in, so you have
to recompile anyway. And the kernel help tells you too:

In order to do this, say Y here and to "SCSI support"
and "SCSI generic support", below. You must then provide the kernel
command line "hdx=scsi" <...>

I remembered that I read somewhere that for CDRW it had to be compiled in,
but I could be mistaken.