Re: 3d with nvidia

On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 06:24, Shri Shrikumar wrote:

> Ive also looked throught the readme and here is the output of
> /proc/nv/card0

SBA = Side Band Addressing
FW = Fast Writes

The Nvidia drivers only enable these if it is sure it doesn't cause
problems with the AGP chipset.  I've never managed to find a machine
that could have both enabled.

I seem to recall something about VIA chipsets having problems at 4x
rates.  I could be wrong though.  Make sure that you DON'T have agpgart
compiled into your kernel, use the nvagp instead, as it automatically
implements the workarounds for various chipset problems.  Also, what
library does glxinfo say it is using?

Caleb

--
If reporters don't know that truth is plural, they ought to be lawyers.
		-- Tom Wicker