ALT and CTRL won't work in X

Hello,
just set up a new debian sid box. Installed xfree86 4.1.0-14 and
everything works fine except the keyboard! I'm using icewm, and
I cannot switch to virtual consoles via <ALT>+<CTRL>+<Fx> for example.
Other key mappings I configured in my icewm-keys-config don't work either.

>From my XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

Any hints? Thanks, Jan.
--
Haesslichst: http://tammen.net/jt/