Re: Java not working in Galeon/Mozilla

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 11:21:50PM +0000, Patrick Kirk wrote:
| Hi all,
| If I visit www.icq.com/icqwebbie I am prompted to download a vm.  If I
| do so as a user, the installation fails.  If I do so as root,
| installation succeeds but when I go back to the page, it still prompts
| me to download the vm all over again.
| What do I need to do to get this working?  Is there an alternative to
| this wizard which doesn't work?

Do 3 things :
    1)  add
            deb ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/java/debian/ woody non-free
        to your sources.list and update

    2)  apt-get install j2sdk1.3

    3)  quit, then restart galeon

The key parts of the package are

Also, galeon must be restarted for any plugin changes to take effect.

A)bort, R)etry, B)ang it with a large hammer