Re: Why Debian?

On 01 Mar 2002 11:10:11 -0600
Shyamal Prasad <shyamal.prasad@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Why Debian?
>
>      - It's very easy to upgrade and maintain your system
>      - It has a wide variety of packages to use
>      - It's a completely free distribution run by volunteers
>
> Why not Debian?
>
>      - Long release cycles result in a pretty outdated stable distribution
>      - Installation of Debian is hardly slick (but you do it just once ;-)
>      - It's a completely free distribution run by volunteers
why is "It's a completely free distribution run by volunteers" on both? =)
I'd say it is something to use Debian... by the way it is now possible to
use progeny's installer with Debian (see thread on debian-devel) and it is
probably going to be an alternative installer for woody

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>