Re: Retry.. no more crybaby bs

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 10:28:04AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Actually, from his report:
>
>     1) The install screen where you pick out drivers and other modules
>        is unecessarily cumbersom.  Is there really a reason why one must
>        scroll back thru the whole thing with each choice.
>
> ...it's not quite clear to me what's so cumbersome about this, or how
> things might be better presented.

I haven't installed for a few months, but as I recall, to change any
choice in the drivers section you have to *start from scratch*.
That's just ludicrous.

Suggestion?  Present the person with a *single* form showing all
choices made to that point, rather than walking one through a stupid,
unnecessary pseudo-wizard interface.
--
Carl Fink               carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Programming