Re: Printing question

Alan & Kerry Shrimpton(loverslane.poodles@ihug.co.nz) is reported to have said:
> Hi,
>
> I know most people have their Linux box connected to the net.  I have my
> windows machine.
>
> I know most people probably have their printers connected to their Linux
> machine.  I have it connected to my windows machine.
<--snip-->

> That is my situation and now to my real question.
>
> 1.  How the heck do I see my windows machine on my Linux machine?
> 2.  How do I get my Linux machine to print using my printer hardware
> connected to my windows machine?

samba

> No doubt I need to install some packages but what ones?
apt-cache show samba  - should get you started.  You should have an smb
filesystem enabled in your kernel as well
CONFIG_SMB_FS=m
CONFIG_SMB_NLS_DEFAULT=y
CONFIG_SMB_NLS_REMOTE="cp437"
CONFIG_SMB_NLS=y

Another one to check is
apt-cache show xsmbrowser

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)
--
Warning, keyboard not found. Press Enter to continue.