Re: Enough time wasted, moving on

Harry Putnam, 2002-Feb-28 15:06 -0800:
> 1) There doesn't seem to be any thorough probe of hardware.  If there
>    is it is not working here.  And as I mentioned, even the intel
>    version of solaris, which is notorious for being picky about
>    hardware, probed and found everthing.  So without getting into
>    specific commands to do that or maybe even debian specific commands
>    it leaves a major area of fussing around that shouldn't even come
>    up.

A trick I've used, prior to installing a new maching, is to boot
to my DemoLinux 3.0 (Debian) CD.  This will probe everything and
load the right modules and such (most of the time).  I'll right
down all the right information for display, sound, etc... and
then boot to my install disks or CD.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer