IPMasq disturbing Fetchmail?

Hello.

Is it possible that IPMasq can disturb fetchmail?
The retrieving of messages always stalls when a message is between 2434- or 2448 bytes in size.

I have a small home-network with two boxes running Woody.
One of them is acting 'router' using the 'ipmasq'-package.
The other one is my workstation and there is where I run fetchmail directly against my ISP.

If I try fetchmail on the router instead, it works fine and retrieves all messages without stalling.

If this is a unknown behaviour, what can I do to get more information on what is happening? I am not a netfilter guru so I don't have an idea on how to turn on extensive logging on the router..

TIA