Re: Enough time wasted, moving on

Geordie Birch <geordie@tao.ca> writes:

>> At least `woody' sounded...... well .... erect :-
> why don't you lose all those cd's, do a network install of stable,
> then, before installing _anything_ beyond base, apt-get dist-upgrade to
> testing or unstable?

dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:

[...]

> You can try installing a base potato system, then dist-upgrade to
> woody.  This has worked for me on several systems.

A couple of posters have mentioned a network install.  Where are the
details spelled out?  Are we talking installing from a running
machine? Already network enabled?  My situation is that I have 2
desktops before me.  A full well used redhat 7.1 on one machine and A
solaris x86 on another.  The solaris (intel) has a second disk that
had a skeleton install of Redhat on it before I began my adventures.

I wanted to install Woody in its place.  So with a network install how
would I proceed?  I mean in general. Not a detailed account.  I'll
find and read any documentation I need.  Pointers would be nice though.

I wouldn't mind the install being very basic for quite some time.
Long as it is network ready.  Don't really care about X either.  At
least not immediately.