Re: exim and printer answers

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 08:32:17PM +0100, Carel Fellinger wrote:

| ...Okee so you have BSD like lpd installed

| The next thing to know is whether lpd was installed correctly. Atleast
| there should be a command called `lp', check whether it is there with:
|
| # type lp
|
| This should tell you where the `lp' program is located.
| [ Other printer packages use `lpr', but IIRQ BSD uses `lp' ]

The other way around :
    *BSD    ->  lpr , lpq
    SysV    ->  lp  , lpstat

(I only know it is this way because 'lp' and friends are in the
cupsys-client package and 'lpr' and friends is in the cupsys-bsd
package)

-D

--

The remote desktop feature of Windows XP is really nice (and *novel*!).
As a Microsoft consultant can *remotely* disable the personal firewall