Another update on "The Kernel that Wouldn't Boot"

Hiya,
  I tried to cook up another kernel, this time without 686 optimizations, and
unfortunately it _still_ won't boot. Is there some way I can use the Debian
default configuration rather than my custom kernel configuration, and just
modify that config to my needs?
  It seems that the original source code defaults to the kernel.org
configuration rather than the Kernel config that is used in stock Debian
kernels. It'd be great if I could just go with the debian settings on my
optimized kernel - I bet that would clear up the problem.

  Thanks,
       Tim

Timothy R. Butler                    tbutler@uninetsolutions.com
Universal  Networks                       http://www.uninet.info