searching for an ICQ application

Hi!

OK, I know this has already been discussed before, but I've tried
several ICQ apps, also the ones recommended in the discussions before
and I'm just not getting any usable solution. So, does anyone know an
ICQ application which can connect to newer ICQ versions like 2001b
without being rejected and is quite nice and doens't need gnome (I'm
using kde at the moment)? The problem with all new licq versions I've
tried etc. is that I cannot send any messages (connnection is
rejected by peer or the msgs simply don't arrive); is this normal or
perhaps related to a bad configuration of my networking?

Thanks in advance,

Stephan Hachinger