RE: syncing debian packages on two machines

One way is fine, as long as it does not also remove any
critical packages from the production system.

So, I assume that dpkg --get-selections does ONLY that,
i.e. it just gets the selections if they are not already
installed.
It does not remove packages not in the selection list.

Thanks Ray.

--pk