Re: syncing debian packages on two machines

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 13:12:31 -0800, Peter Kocks wrote:
> For the moment, I'm fine with the production box have the exact same
> packages installed as the development box. Unfortunately, I've used
> dselect on both machines to do the original install and the machines are
> now out of sync.
>
> So, you do I sync the package list on both machines easily? automated?

That depends a lot on what you mean by sync. If you simply mean one-way "I
want the production box to have the same packages as the development box",
you could do, from the development box
	dpkg --get-selections | ssh productionbox "dpkg --get-selections && apt-get dselect-upgrade"
Note that this does not necessarily mean you'll have the same versions of
those packages installed.

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.