Re: RAID 1 setup on woody

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 01:10:08PM -0800, Richard Weil wrote:
> One last question ... how can use the swap partitions
> on both /dev/hda8 and /dev/hdc8? I did _not_ put the
> swap partitions in a RAID setup. Should I simply list
> both swap partitions in /etc/fstab? Thanks.

Yep.  You'll probably also want to add "priority=10" to their
options, like so:

/dev/hde8       none            swap    sw,priority=10          0 0
/dev/hdg8       none            swap    sw,priority=10          0 0

This will cause swap usage to be more-or-less balanced between the
two partitions.  Without explictly setting them to the same priority,
the first one added will be filled completely before the second is
used at all.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss