Re: RAID 1 setup on woody

It took a little bit of experimenting, but the basic
steps you laid out worked. Success!

For anyone else who might want to try this, I found I
had to do two things differently:

1.  I had to use mkraid instead of raidstart to get
the RAID devices working on /dev/hdc.

2.  After copying root and /boot over to the /dev/md1
and /dev/md0 and following the steps in the howto, I
couldn't get the system to boot on the RAID -- it kept
booting on /dev/hda. So, after making sure all of root
and boot was on the RAID devices, and updating the
/etc/fstab and Lilo on the RAID devices, on reboot, at
the Lilo boot prompt, I said "root=/dev/md1" and that
worked -- into the RAID device I went. Then I followed
the other steps of adding the /dev/hda partitions.

Thanks for the help.

Richard