Re: lilo problem - / problem

hi ya rudy

if you "use" a precompiled kernel... you have to tell
it where / is on the new machine... otherwise you do get
those "kernel panics" and "no init found"
	- i always make a kernel on the target... and copy it around

but if you copy that kernel to flippy...
that floppy should boot your system w/ the correct distro/kernel
	dd if=/..kernel.. of=/dev/fd0
	rdev /dev/fd0  /dev/hda1

	or /dev/hdc1  if you want it to boot into /dev/hdc

if the floppy tests works..
	than (if it can be done), you'd need to rdev your kernel

	rdev /boot/kernel /dev/hdc1 ( donno if this works )
		where /boot is the one on /dev/hda1

	- recompiling a new kernel on hdc1 and copying to hda1 works
	to lilo it and boot it and get into hdc1

have fun
alvin