RE: [OT] MS/DoJ comments [was: "Blank Messages To Mailing List...", please let that thread die already :P]

> Anybody here know how do something about this inconvenient
> monopoly? I've read that something is brewing in the beginning
> of March with Microsoft and the courts. Also, there's a Supreme
> Court case regarding the latest 20 year patent extension. Your
> comment should be read by a judge!

In fact, I did submit comments to the Department of Justice, along with
thousands of others (7,500 for, 15,000 against), regarding the upcoming
Microsoft settlement.  The comment period ended 28 January.  Mine are
available for viewing at http://integralogic.com/settle/ if anyone would
like to peruse them.

The government is supposed to publish these comments in the Federal
Register, although due to the cost it may instead put them on CD-ROM.

You can surf the following for additional info:

http://www.wired.com/news/antitrust/0,1551,50290,00.html - Re: comments
http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/ms-settle.htm - Status of MS settlement
http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/ms-major.htm - 45 "major" comments made
http://www.codeweavers.com/~jwhite/tunney.html - Prompted me to write
http://www.microsoft.com/freedomtoinnovate/default.asp - MS answer ;)

Jeff Bonner
Royal Oak MI USA

 PGP Key ID = 0x25ED7C88
Fingerprint = 1E3F 468D 8AA2 37A9 DEA4  4343 7866 55E9 25ED 7C88