Re: Blank Messages To Mailing List With Attachments Containing Message

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 10:32:52PM +0000, Patrick Kirk wrote:
| On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 21:47, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
| > On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:31:44 -0500
| > >
| > > That's not actually the case. The problem is that you're using Outlook
| > > Express, which does not handle messages signed with GnuPG/PGP
| > > signatures. OE is mistakenly think them to be attachments. I'm sending
| > > this one without my standard signature so you'll see it.

| The question is why do so many otherwise sensible people feel the need
| for digital signatures on this list?  After all, most of the messages
| are not the type of thing that justify it.
|
| I sympathise with Darryl.  Its a nuisance seeing people whose advice you
| value but not being able to read their messages.  I use Evolution and it
| handles GPG.  That implies that this problem is easy to solve...I wonder
| if there is a plug-in for Outlook Express that would allow it to read
| the messages?

Actually, OE users _can_ read the message, just not naturally.  The
issue isn't an incomprehensible message, it's a message with "no" body
(probably the MIME header that you're not supposed to see in a client)
and 2 "attachments" (the data, marked as "inline", and the signature).
It is OEs presentation of the data that is extremely annoying (buggy).

-D

--

If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his
cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it,