Re: two addresses on one interface in debian?

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 02:38:23PM +0100, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 06:50:52AM -0600, Tim Kelley wrote:
> > How do I accomplosh this in Debian?  Please tell me I can do it with the
> > interfaces file ... I can find a reference to it in the man page but there is
> > no description of the syntax required ... I am using sid and woody, kernel
> > 2.4.x.

> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static

> auto eth0:0
> iface eth0:0 inet static

You probably already know this, but just in case:  You will also need
a kernel with IP Aliasing support; I don't know whether the default
Debian kernels turn that on or not.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss