Re: Ask Slashdot: How Well Does Windows Cluster? Turned around

well there's this...

http://linux-ha.org/

...though to be honest i haven't tried to do HA in quite a while, so
have no idea how up to date or workable any of it is.

TurboLinux used to (does?) market a distro with some proprietary kernel
and userland enhancements for doing load balancing and failover.  Two
jobs ago I got as far as having it set up and not-quite-working, then I
switched jobs.  At that time (mid to late 2000) the GPL'ed HA stuff had
some fairly serious limitations not present in the TL package which is
why we coughed up the money, but with luck GPL-land has caught up some
since then.

-mrj