Several Beginner Questions

Hello Again,

      Last night was nearly fruitless.  Well, I
shouldn't say that; at least I have some specific
questions now.
      My current situation is that I have installed
debian from floppy disks and can boot.  I have created
a regular user and root.  I'm learning the basic unix
commands, but just beginning.  There are several
devices on my machine that I either do not know how to
access, or are not setup properly.  I'm not even sure
which it is.  For example, I assume the floppy drive
is working properly, and I have read that it is named
/dev/fd0, but I do not know how to access it.  So,
here are my questions:

How do I access /dev/fd0?

How do I access my CD-ROM drive?  (It is the slave on
the 2nd IDE).

I have an adaptec SCSI card with a CD-Burner attached.
 How do I know whether it is setup properly and how do
I access it?

My modem is an internal PCI modem; I do not beleive it
is a winmodem.  How do I set it up?

My network card is a linksys pci card.  How do I set
that up?

     I appreciate any suggestions.  I only have
internet access during the day while I'm at the office
(until my modem is set up on debian), so I cannot use
any web resources while working on the debian machine.
 Boy, I hope that changes soon!

Thanks in advance,
John