Re: Blank Messages To Mailing List With Attachments Containing Message

* Craig Dickson (crdic@yahoo.com) spake thusly:
> begin  Patrick Kirk  quotation:
>
> > The question is why do so many otherwise sensible people feel the need
> > for digital signatures on this list?  After all, most of the messages
> > are not the type of thing that justify it.
>
> Depends. Once you have the capability to sign your messages, why not use
> it all the time?

Hmm. Everything I post here is archived in at least two places:
dejagoogle and ML archive, and I don't think either is going to
go away anytime soon.

Some of my archived posts... well, ten years down the track I
might want to deny under oath I wrote them.

...The only point to intentionally _not_ signing a message
> would seem to be if you wanted to be able to claim later that it was a
> forgery.

Yes, that's the idea.

Dima
--
Well, lusers are technically human.                            -- Red Drag Diva