Re: partial upgrade confusion

Thanks for the reply; The thing I don't understand is if all the other
upgrades are tied to upgrading libc6, how I got libc6 on
there in the first place without upgrading the rest (I've got
libc6-2.2.5-3 according to dselect).  Given that everything seems to be
happy with libc6-2.2.5-3, can I just force it to install libc6-dev and
leave libc6 and associated dependencies alone?  Perhaps my understanding of
dependencies is faulty?

Attempting to get the newer apt has the same problem of
libc6 showing up as needing to be installed/upgraded, and then all the
other packages as well.

Thanks,
-remy