Re: Dont install suggested and recommended packages with apt-get?

* John Ericson (john@john.pp.se) [020220 08:49]:
> When Im doing an 'apt-get install reportbug' it wants to install packages
> that is using 'Recommends' and 'Suggests' depending, but I want it to only

Mine doesn't. People have complained such things about dselect, but
apt-get doesn't automatically install 'Recommends'ed or 'Suggests'ed
packages.

> install packages that it absolutly needs (Such as with the 'Depends'
> depending). How can I do this with the apt-get command-line tool?
>
> Excerpt from 'apt-cache show reportbug':
> Depends: python
> Recommends: python-newt
> Suggests: postfix | mail-transport-agent, gnupg | pgp, python-ldap (>= 1.8-1)

what do these show:

dpkg -l reportbug python-newt python-ldap
apt-get -s install reportbug

(I just want to see what packages you already have and which apt-get
will try to install. The -s flag to apt-get tells it to just tell you
what it would do without actually doing it.)

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/