Re: OT: Web Standards

begin  nate  quotation:

> Mozilla is too slow for me(Most of my machines are 700+Mhz
> and 512MB+ ram). Konquerer requires too many libraries and
> can break easily because of its dependancy on KDE libs.
> Gaelon is the same, depends on a lotta gnome libs which
> can break easily(I don't like bleeding edge)
> Netscape 6 is about as slow as mozilla. Mozilla is a DOG
> on my work machine, a P3-733 512MB ram, Matrox G400 16MB
> video, Ultra160 SCSI drive. rendering is ok, but the UI
> is soooooooooooooo slow.

How recently have you tried Mozilla? I would have agreed with you about
its UI speed maybe six months ago, but the 0.9.x series is much better
than 0.8.x or M18.

I use Mozilla 0.9.8 currently on a P3 700 with 384 MB RAM and it's fine.
Maybe a little slower than plain GTK+ apps, but not by that much.

Craig