Re: OT: Web Standards

<quote who="Craig Dickson">

> How recently have you tried Mozilla? I would have agreed with you
> about its UI speed maybe six months ago, but the 0.9.x series is
> much better than 0.8.x or M18.
>
> I use Mozilla 0.9.8 currently on a P3 700 with 384 MB RAM and it's
> fine. Maybe a little slower than plain GTK+ apps, but not by that
> much.

can't remember the last build of mozilla i tried, it was a while
ago, the most recent version was probably whatever netscape 6.2
is based on.

i plan on trying 0.99 out, its supposed to be out in a couple
weeks according to the roadmap i think..

im just so used to opera. though i really hate opera's ssl
bugs, i do a lot of stuff over SSL and opera is constantly
showing its bugginess by hanging my ssl connections(e.g.
hit submit on a text entry box, come back 50 minutes later
and its still loading ..even though as far as the server
is concerned it recieved the data the instant i sent it,
this doesnt occur always, but id say a good 30% of the
time)

i would much like to switch to mozilla, i don't like
the lack of attention the linux port of opera gets.
netscape 4.7x is my primary mail client too for work,
i use squirrelmail for my home email.

thanks!

nate