Re: Debian 'Woody'

louie miranda wrote:

> Hi,

Howdy.

> Anyone have a woody ISO url?

Gosh, that snapped back on topic so fast I didn't see how it happened...

ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/debian-cd/woody/i386

This is just the closest mirror to me.

Heed the advice of the debian website:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/:
> On the other hand, a network install also has its pros:
>
>   *  You don't have to pay for the CDs.
>   *  You will only download those .deb packages that you actually want.
>         If you get a whole CD set, you will get a lot of packages that
>         you won't actually use.
>   *  A network installation of the "testing" distribution will provide
>         you with the very latest packages, whereas any CD images of
>         "testing" that you download would be outdated very quickly.

I've also heard tell of a thing that constructs images by downloading
individual packages, and this seems to have a lot less risk of network
problems than downloading ~600MB images.

> thnx.

To use a grammatically incorrect but uniquely Australian phrase:  No
worries.

Tom