RE: Problem installing Intel 810 video under debian

Hello,

I went ahead and installed Woody as per your instructions and also
taking help from http://tinyplanet.ca/pubs/debian/html/x241.html. Well
everything seemed to work fine untill I went to configure xf82cfg. It
brought up a gui interface but my mouse didn't work. I tried different
options but it didn't work. I configured the video card (i810) and the
monitor using the keyboard and saved the setting. However when trying to
start up X the screen went blank and then gave a bunch of errors. I am
posting some of it which I thought might be important. If you would like
to have a look at the entire log file I can email that too.

(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libtype1.a

(II) Module type1: vendor="The XFree86 Project"

compiled for 4.1.0.1, module version = 1.0.0

Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer

ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.2

(II) Loading font Type1

(II) Loading font CID

(II) LoadModule: "vbe"

(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvbe.a

(II) Module vbe: vendor="The XFree86 Project"

compiled for 4.1.0.1, module version = 1.0.0

ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.4

(II) LoadModule: "xie"

(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libxie.a

(II) Module xie: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
	compiled for 4.1.0.1, module version = 1.0.0

Module class: XFree86 Server Extension

ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1

(II) Loading extension XIE

(II) LoadModule: "apm"

(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/apm_drv.o

(II) Module apm: vendor="The XFree86 Project"

compiled for 4.1.0.1, module version = 1.0.0

Module class: XFree86 Video Driver

ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.4

(II) LoadModule: "mouse"

(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/mouse_drv.o

(II) Module mouse: vendor="The XFree86 Project"

compiled for 4.1.0.1, module version = 1.0.0

Module class: XFree86 XInput Driver

ABI class: XFree86 XInput driver, version 0.2

(II) APM: driver for the Alliance chipsets: AP6422, AT24, AT3D

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 00:01:0

(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Pleae let me know if I am missing something simple anywhere. Thanks a
lot for all the help from everyone. I had given up hope of seeing gui on
my box until the xf86config window came up and now I am optimistic again
that one day I will be able to get it to work right.

Thanks all of you
Rahul