Re: Moving to kernel 2.4.17 questions.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 02:19:03PM -0500, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> I am currently running kernel 2.2.17 on a Woody box.  I want to move to
> kernel 2.4.17 (so that I can install a USB port) and I have a few
> questions.

> My second problem is with IP spoofing and firewalls.  I have a very
> simple 2 box network with the newer box connected to the Internet by ppp
> and a crossover ethernet cable between the two boxes.  Nothing fancy,
> just ipchains.  Unfortunately, ipchains is for kernel 2.2.xx and not for
> 2.4.xx.  This leaves me with the following messages at boot.

> How do I set up spoofing and firewall for the 2.4.17 kernel?  Is there a
> way to have it work for both until I am sure that I don't have other
> problems with the new kernel.

It's certainly possible, if you roll your own kernel (see package
kernel-package) and include ipchains in it.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.