Installation Error

Hi,

     I am a long time ms-dos/windows user taking my
first look at linux.  I hope to eventually get apache,
php and mysql running on my home machine so I can work
on creating a mysql application while I wait for my
university to configure mysql for student use.
     I have been planning for some time to configure a
linux machine "on the side," but I recently had a
windows crash and decided to try linux now rather than
reconfigure windows yet another time.  I hope this is
the right place to post a question like the one that
follows.  I just subscribed to this list, and have
limited time while at work to read through back
messages.  If I'm in the wrong place, please let me
know.....
      I am trying to setup debian from floppies on a
hard-drive with nothing else present.  It's a 1.2gig
drive.  I set up a 10meg partition for /boot, a 100meg
swap partition, and all the rest on the third.  The
machine is a pentium II 233 with 640meg ram.
      When the install process is reading data from
the third driver diskette (created from driver-3.bin),
I get the following error message box:

Error
Error writing to the output file:  Success

After selecting "Continue" the next message is:

File Error
There was a problem installing the Drivers from
/target/drivers.tgz

       I have tried several different physical
diskettes and I get the same message each time.  The
first message is truly perplexing since I am obviously
nowhere near success.
       If someone here can help me, I would be
grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks!