Re: ide-scsi

On Monday 18 February 2002 16:49, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
>
> Raffaele Sandrini wrote on Mon Feb 18, 2002 um 03:24:09PM:
> > How can i access ATAPI CD-ROMs loaded with ide-scsi? I heared that i have
> > to use /dev/scd then. If i try that i get /dev/scd0 unknown Device
> > message. The
>
> Be precise.

My quetion is: Over wich device (in the /dev) dir can i access my CDROM wich
is controlled with ide-scsi. Obviously /dev/hdc doesn't work.

> > BTW: If i load the normal cdrom module to access the cdrom and unload
> > it after then i can't load it again with ide-scsi. How can i solve
> > that?
>
> Why? Did you mount anything? Which processes does access the cdrom?

The exact behaviour is this: I put i CD in my CDROM and type "mount /cdrom"
the it will load automatically cdrom.o module. After that i unmount the CD
and unload the module. I i load now the ide-scsi module then it wont detect
my CD-ROM. It wont do that till i restart my system.
> Gruss/Regards,
> Eduard.
cheers,
Raffaele

--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"