Re: got a little problem in Gnome

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 16:20, Andrew B. wrote:
>  Hello there everybody,
>
> I just installed Debian 2.2r5 and Gnome. For some reason though, I
> can't seem to be able to move some application windows!!! The menubar
> is there on top-left part of my screen but I cannot drag and move it.
> It just detaches and moves without the rest of the window.
>
> Um...any ideas???

It sounds like you need to install or get a window manager running.  I'd
recommend sawfish.  If you already have it installed you're going to
need to get it running.  If you can open a gnome-terminal or xterm just
run:
sawfish &

This should get it running.  Then enable it as your window manager
inside the Gnome Control Center within the desktop section so it will
run it every time you start gnome in the future.

--mike