Re: A question about LCD flat panel displays

stan <stanb@awod.com> writes:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:29:29AM -0700, Gary Hennigan wrote:
[snip]
> > I have a 20" flat-panel display at work. Although I just received it
> > about a week ago I think I can give you some insight. I'm no expert,
> > so take the following as my perception of things, not gospel. Also, I
> > run X almost exclusively so I can't speak to the FB issue.
> >

> Thanks, thats exactly the kind of info I am looking for.
>
> One quick question. Would it be safe to assume that to run in digital
> mode, your video card ahs to have some sort of special output conector?

Yep. You need a DVI connector on the adapter and on the panel. There
are quite a few video cards and panels that come with both analog and
digital DVI connectors these days, some quite reasonably priced.

I should mention that while DVI seems to be the prevalent connection
type I think there are others out there. Be sure to check on
compatibility between adapter and panel before you buy. I think you're
safe if they both have DVI support.

Gary