update:Re: ftp and telnet between computers

Thanks to everybody who helped.
I did install ddt-client and register accounts on both machines, but don't
seem to be able to get that working yet. However, both ssh and scp work
beautifully between the two machines just using ip addresses. The ppp is
probably not static but can be found out easily enough; it appears to be
the higher number of the two when you run ifconfig. The other computer is
on a cable modem and I am using dhcpcd; I'm not sure that's supposed to be
static either, but I haven't known it to change in the four month or so
I've had cable. Anyway, both scp and ssh work both ways.

--
				Cheryl