Re: booting with no keyboard or moue

John Hasler wrote:

> Elizabeth Barham writes:
> > I don't understand how it could possibly cause hardware damage.
>
> He means that unplugging the keyboard with the power on can cause damage.
> He's right, though I have never personally seen it happen.

Yes, hot-plugging PS/2 devices is a well known way of frying your
motherboard.  I personally have never seen it do damage, but am not
really willing to risk my motherboard to find out whether the stories
are true.  AT kbs and serial mice are, of course, another story (a
rather fault-tolerant story at that).

Tom